Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pop Ups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:41 AM

I have muon.html pop ups when im not browsing or when im browsing the following links are always popping up

//www.announceme-nt.com/muon.html
//www.inter-netsuggestions.com/muon.html
//www.inter-netsales.com/muon.html
//www.intern-etadvertising.com/muon.html
//www.intern-etadvertising.com/neutron.html
//www.inter-netsuggestions.com/down.html

I have more pop ups but i forgot the links.

Can anyone help me fix this please?

//Mod edit to modify Hot Links above to protect others//

Edited by KoanYorel, 17 May 2006 - 01:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Halfman

Halfman

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:16 AM

hi, it's quite a common problem. Do you use any pop-up blocker? if you don't, i recomend you to use some, for example privacy expert by acronis. You can download free trial from there site.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:37 AM

I'm guessing that you're using XP, it that is the case then you can go to Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Privacy tab, and then click Block pop-up windows. You can then click Options to configure pop-up manager.

For more information about configuring the pop-up blocker go to the Blocking pop-ups section here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Halfman

Halfman

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:57 AM

in some cases IE pop-up blocker don't work properly, sometimes it doesn't block what is needed to be blocked, and sometimes it block needful pages.... so i don't like it at all.

#5 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:33 AM

Installing a popupblocker is only a remedy to block these popups... you're not deleting the infection that causes these popups. So that's the main thing you have to do is dealing with the cause. :thumbsup:
And I see teacup is already helping you here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52672/my-log/
So popups should be gone soon. :flowers:
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users