Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPad Mini: e-mail retrieval from folders.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimnor46

jimnor46

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Got a question I can't work out. Got an ipad mini for Christmas. Love it but having a problem figuring out how to retrieve/read an email that I have put in a folder.

When I open an email, across the top of the email there are 5 icons, one of which is a folder. If I click on the folder, it opens, to the left of the email, a list of the folders that I have made for different subjects. I can tap on one of these folders that I want the email that I have currently open to go to that particular folder. Example; if I have an email from my bank open and I tap on the "bank folder", the email will be sent to that folder. Problem is, I can't figure out how to retrieve that email back out of that folder. Only time the list of my folders is shown is when I tap the "folder" icon above the email that I am reading, otherwise I can't find a way to show the list of my folders or how to open one of them to retrieve an email out of them. I hope this isn't too convoluted of a question. I've tried everything I can think of and can't get anything to work.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Got a question I can't work out. Got an ipad mini for Christmas. Love it but having a problem figuring out how to retrieve/read an email that I have put in a folder.
When I open an email, across the top of the email there are 5 icons, one of which is a folder. If I click on the folder, it opens, to the left of the email, a list of the folders that I have made for different subjects. I can tap on one of these folders that I want the email that I have currently open to go to that particular folder. Example; if I have an email from my bank open and I tap on the "bank folder", the email will be sent to that folder. Problem is, I can't figure out how to retrieve that email back out of that folder. Only time the list of my folders is shown is when I tap the "folder" icon above the email that I am reading, otherwise I can't find a way to show the list of my folders or how to open one of them to retrieve an email out of them. I hope this isn't too convoluted of a question. I've tried everything I can think of and can't get anything to work.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

If you want to access your messages that are stored in folders, then you don't use any of those five icons. Instead, you should have a tappable "location indicator" in the upper left corner, which more than likely says "Inbox". If you tap on that once, it should make your list of messages in the inbox popup (assuming you are in portrait mode)…although I am not completely sure how it works on an iPad Mini…that is what happens on my "full-sized" iPad. That tappable "location indicator" should change to something else…most likely "Mailboxes" with an un-tappable label of "All Inboxes" next too it, but it might be something else. If you tap the "Mailboxes" "link", then it should list two things: 1) A list of all Inboxes plus VIP and Flagged (assuming you are running iOS 7) and 2) a list of all you accounts. Tapping any of the items on the first part of the list will just take you to either the Inbox for the specified account or your VIP messages or flagged messages. To get to the folder, you will use the second part of the list. You will need to tap on the account that the folder is associated with/part of. That will then list ALL the folders for that account. Find the folder you want, then tap it and it should list all the messages in the folder. To then get back to your Inbox, just reverse the process.

Does that makes sense?

#3 jimnor46

jimnor46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the response. Finally got it figured out. Your ipad is a little different from the mini but you gave me some ideas that worked.

Thanks again for the response...

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the response. Finally got it figured out. Your ipad is a little different from the mini but you gave me some ideas that worked.

Thanks again for the response...

I figured it might not be the exact same as what I know with my "full-sized" iPad, but should have been very similar. I knew that screen size might effect things (how my "full-sized" iPad does vs. my iPhone is definitely different, but very similar…and I was not sure if the iPad Mini would be like how the "full-size" iPad does it or like the iPhone does it…or even something in between). The other thing that would have slightly changed things would be if you are still running iOS 6…again a little different, but very similar.

Glad to hear you figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users