Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Image--How?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 malexander4

malexander4

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Hello Everyone:

So one of the things I am curious about is making computer images. My boss already knows how to do it, and makes the images for the place I work at, but he’s not always up for sharing information. I know bits and pieces of the process, but is there anyone out there that can explain it fully and clearly to me? I want to make sure I know how to do this properly. I want to learn how to make an image of Windows 7 Professional x64.

If it matters, we are using Symantec Ghost 11.5 to load the image onto the hard drives, clonezilla to clone if necessary. If we are doing 34 computers or more, we use the network image option (not exactly those words) on Hirms Boot CD.

Thanks again in advance for everyone’s help!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Lots of good step by steps out on the net:

http://www.danscourses.com/Windows-7-and-8/how-to-create-a-wim-system-image-file-with-windowsaik-and-windowspe.html

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

Excellent link, TY for sharing...I've been "fiddling" with WAIK, WSIM, adding/removing packages/M$ updates with DISM,Sysprep, WinPE... etc for a few months now, this helps!

Edited by Union_Thug, 25 March 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#4 WinOutreach2

WinOutreach2

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

Take a look at the Windows 8.1 Deployment Jump Start. The modern deployment solutions which are available for free from Microsoft (MDT, ACT, WSIM, USMT, DISM, etc.) provide significantly more functionality than sector based imaging solutions. For example, with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) you can build a single deployment share with a single image that can deploy to multiple hardware platforms, can include various application configurations, and can be kept up to date without capturing a new image.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
The Springboard Series on TechNet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users