Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Log In When Connected To Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fitzy04

fitzy04

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

Strange problem. I don't recall ever seeing this with anyone before. I have a work laptop and it is joined to a domain. In order to log on, I need to put in my username and password. Whenever I have the laptop connected to the internet (with ethernet or wifi), I cannot log in. It sits forever at the "Welcome" screen and the blue circle just keeps spinning but it never logs me in. If I have no internet connection at all (if I unplug the ethernet cable or switch off the wifi), it does let me log in and then I can set me internet connection back up and work on it. The specs of the laptop are as follows:

Dell Latitude E6420

Windows 7 Pro (I believe 64-bit)

If you need any other info, let me know. It's not a huge issue because you see that I have a work-around but it's just frustrating that I have to disconnect from the internet to log on. The problem just started last week and I've had this computer for quite a while now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

How long have you let it sit at the Welcome?  I've seen it take five minutes or so.  It is looking for the domain controller and will fail and should default to the cached credentials.

#3 fitzy04

fitzy04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

I've let it sit for as long as 10 minutes, once I let it sit for 20 minutes. Just keeps sitting at the Welcome screen. I've done a quick search on it and found a few things to try; updating the BIOS, updating some drivers, turning network boot off in the boot sequence, which I don't think should do anything because it's already booted to Windows 7 and prompts me for my credentials to log in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users