Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble shooting history too large..really 0.001MB? virus/malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wrangler Space

Wrangler Space

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

So this has been bugging me for some time.  It's the one thing that always comes up during maintenance. No Matter what I do to decrease the size, it's still flagged.  I googled it and multiple posts (first said to decrease you trouble shooting histore, but others said run Microsoft Safety Scanner) So I realized I don't have the msert.exc file in my debug folder, nor will my computer go here: https://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

So I find it elsewhere, but 32 or 64 won't work says it's a compatability issue. 

I have an Asus Q202 little inexpensive netbook but a little power house for it's size and cost. I bought it after the gen change with the Intel processor for about $450 and have been happy with it.  I still have Windows 8.0, I think because I don't link it to an msn or windows email. 

I really appreciate the kind and paitent folks that have assisted me before.  I hope this is a relatively easy fix. I think I have eset oldtimer etc. on this as they were programs I was asked to run before downsizing to this little Asus (which my only complaint is the touch pad but I don't use it anyway I have a wireless keyboard mouse and flat screen.

Thanks in advance for weeding through my ramblings.

I did read the top sticky but I don't know for sure that this is malware or anything that sinister....so I posted here.  If it is sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Wrangler

Edited by Wrangler Space, 24 March 2014 - 12:48 AM.

"For God's sakes give me someone who has the brains enough to make a fool of himself"
- Robert Louis Stevenson

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

See if the instructions at Microsoft Support website can help you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users