Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Lightweight Portable Security Released....Hot!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

The Lightweight Portable Security was designed by the US Air Force for ultra secure communications via LIve CD. It's a small download, although larger than most Puppy relases. There are base & deluxe (Adobe Reader & Libre Office) options, plus the same options for non-PAE enabled computers (very older models).

On 15 June 2011: LPS-Remote Access was certified by AFNIC to connect to the GIG for general telecommuting use.

On 17, March 2014 a new version was released to the general public. There is usually a new version released each year, though there are no set release schedules. However each release included an upgraded Firefox & multiple security additions. There is also an encryption wizard, even for home users.

Guidance is plentiful on the site.

For best possible security, as noted on the page, it's best to reboot before making transactions if one has been browsing and/or has visited risky sites. Any possibly infections will be cleared & you'll begin with a clean OS.

Read on for more.....

http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

I have used this for around 2 years & perform many transactions with this fantastic OS.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

A new version of Lightweight Portable Security, version 1.5.1, was released on April 11, 2014.

As was the release above, there's standard & deluxe versions & also non-PAE releases. Read on for more.

http://spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

The links wont load here Cat.  Can you give me another link please.

Also if I try this will the NSA still spy on me.

Oh hang on  dod stands for department of defence? Thats part of the NSA LOL LOL LOL

Edited by NickAu1, 16 April 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

The links wont load here Cat.  Can you give me another link please.

Also if I try this will the NSA still spy on me.

I just checked the download links, all 4 of them, they worked fine for me. Did you click the link(s) followed by 11 April 2014?

As to whether they work outside of the US, I can't say. Maybe other members can comment on that, but I've never had issues with downloading or using the OS, except once trying to boot one designed for PAE on an unsupported (non-PAE) machine,

No, the NSA won't spy on you, unless they're tailing you anyway. There are some sublinks that requires priviledge to access, but this is a public release, as indicated in it's name. Earlier today, I tested it out on the same SD card that I had Puppy on, using Universal USB Installer. I also logged onto the forum today to respond to a post using the portable OS.

Cat

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,415 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:00 AM

Dont know? My net works, No Idea why it wont open here.

Video removed By me  ( I was on a non appropriate site It wasnt G rated )

Edited by NickAu1, 16 April 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#6 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:14 AM

Viewed that, I cannot see why it wouldn't load, unless it's locked to US distribution only. Did you try previous versions?

I liked the ending though :-) Cool....

Cat

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,415 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

Both links are the same.

#8 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

Here is a link from another trusted source, if you want to try.

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08381

Cat

#9 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

Both links are the same.

Yes, they're the same & has been for years. The site only updates the versions, not the page in it's entirety. It's been the same since 2011.

Cat

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,415 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

Here is a link from another trusted source, if you want to try.

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08381

Cat

Thanks got it will try it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users