Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

download microsoft office 2003 to windows 8.1 computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldzac

oldzac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

I am trying to load ms front page 2003 to my new win 8.1 os without success. (I run a web site on this old software) Next I thought of downloading office 2003 to see if this would help, both being part of office 2003.

I am getting conflicting opinions as to this working, and not finding a believable download site. Any advice would be much appreciated.

With thanks,

oldzac

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

You do realize that all MS Office 2003 applications will cease to be supported along with XP on April 8th? However XP will continue to be supported for a little longer only with malware related updates. But as far as functionality or fixes and general support. It ends on April 8th.

So what you want to do is download an end of life, imminent loss of support product on a brand new OS?

So unless you have the application software already, any download will be suspect and I wouldn't trust it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 MJPRCE

MJPRCE

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

I only found one possible replacement for MS FrontPage 2003 (which is well, darn it, so goshed darn ancient now in IT years - probably why MS wanted to kill the support for it) and that is http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

I had tried to load my copy of 2003 0n my Win 7 machine with no luck, on my XP machine I ran 2003 with 2010 student upgrade.  I decided to try installing 2010 using the 2003 as a kick disk which worked fine, I waited for the usual proof thing removed the 2010 disk put the 2003 in for verification then swapped back to the 2013 all went well.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users