Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lxeepswx.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 weeds1

weeds1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

What is lxeepswx.exe and why is it using up 87% of my physical memory?  When I boot up my computer, lxeepswx.exe starts to write to memory and just keeps writing. Eventually I get "out of memory" errors when I try to run programs or open websites. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,238 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

It is a windows file!  Below is suppose to be the fix it appears to be Ok.

http://www.how-to-fix-pc.com/exe-files-l/fix-lxeepswx-exe-error.html

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

I would never suggest a "fix" that relies on the use of any "optimization" tool.

If you have a Lexmark printer installed...I suggest uninstalling all of the Lexmark software, running the system without such...then, if system performs properly, reinstall the Lexmark software/printer.

Louis

#4 weeds1

weeds1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

OldPhil; I appreciate the advice and link, but I was reluctant to use it because I didn't have any of the associated  lxeepswx.exe-related error messages that the "fix" would supposedly resolve.  instead, i adopted a more cowardly approach and rebooted my computer several times in a row.  After the third reboot, the "memory overflow" issue did not occur.  I'm not naive enough to think the problem is actually resolved, but I think I'll just keep an eye on it for now and see if and when it re-occurs.  I'll still keep an eye on the forums for other occurrences and possible solutions.

#5 weeds1

weeds1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

hamluis;  I do, in fact, have a Lexmark printer hooked up to this computer.  You obviously have your reasons for not trusting Lexmark printer drivers.  Your suggestion for temporarily uninstalling the Lexmark SW will be the first thing I try if the problem reoccurs.  thanks.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

No "distrust" of Lexmark printer drivers...but the you named appears to be a Lexmark file...and printer files, like any other file, can become damaged and malperform :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users