Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Restarts after internet connection. Wininit?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 everything

everything

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hello, I'd really appreciate some help on this. A friend gave me this computer and I don't know what he was doing but it came like this, where 5-30 minutes after connecting to the internet I get an error message that says "Windows has encountered a critical error and will restart in 1 minute". The message header says "You are about to be logged off". I purged any viruses or malware that might be there by trying numerous scanners and fixers on tech spot but the problem persists and they are stumped. After getting the message, I can't open anything important like windows firewall, ccleaner, or event viewer, instead I get a message like "The endpoint mapper database entry could not be created." But one time I had event viewer open before the error, and I screencapped an error event by Wininit at around the same time so I'm thinking Wininit could be a clue, but where do I go from there?

http://i59.tinypic.com/116s4kk.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 everything

everything
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

btw I'm posting this from safe mode where I have no problems.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Hi,

Did you got help from a malware expert at tech spot? Can you post the link to your case?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 everything

everything
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Yes I did from Broni.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forced-restart-upon-internet-connection-you-are-about-to-be-logged-off.200822/

#5 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,082 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

Yes I did from Broni.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forced-restart-upon-internet-connection-you-are-about-to-be-logged-off.200822/

Thanks.

Check Windows System files integrity

• open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
  • type the following command and press Enter:
    sfc /scannow

Note: This may take some time to finish.

if it doesn't say "No integrity violations found" them do this:
  • In the command prompt window, type or Copy & Paste the following:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
  • Close the command prompt.
  • Attach to your post the sfcdetails.txt file that was just placed on your Desktop
  • You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#6 everything

everything
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the late reply. I installed linux on the second hdd to have something that works but I screwed up the other one because I guess there was some kind of RAID config between the two. So I just said screw it and installed linux over everything. Problem solved haha

#7 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,082 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the late reply. I installed linux on the second hdd to have something that works but I screwed up the other one because I guess there was some kind of RAID config between the two. So I just said screw it and installed linux over everything. Problem solved haha

Ok. Thanks for inform us.

Regards.

___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users