Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fresh install win7 ultimate net adapter problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Madforit

Madforit

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

I have just done a clean install of win 7 ultimate and it all installed correctly but when i try to start up it throws an error saying that it's not connected to the internet although it is wired directly to the router which works fine on my other xp machine so i know that the connection is ok and when i click troubleshoot it says that it cannot find the network adapter..

I hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this problem.

thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hello,

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in device manager?

Is your Win7 64bit or 32bit? What is the make and model of the computer or the motherboard if it is a home built system?

#3 Madforit

Madforit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

I am asking for a friend so will have to get all these details tomorrow,,,im sure its 32 bit and some kind of a hp,,,just seems odd that it all worked ok with xp and now with 7 it wont which makes me think that it is probably just a driver problem or maybe even as simple as enabling the net adapter.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

You are correct in thinking it is a driver problem.

If there is an exclamation mark next to the adapter in device manager, you can right click the device, select properties and in the details tab, select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. From the hardware ID's you can see the Vendor and Device ID. That will give a clue to what the adapter type is. It is referenced at the website

PCIdatabase.com.

original.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users