I was hesitant as to where to post my question, as it has to do with both gaming and my hardware, though I figured here would be the best place.
I recently bought 'Titanfall', (a new computer game). I assumed my computer was good enough to run it as I was way, way past the minimum requirements.
Minimum Requirements for 'Titanfall':
OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
GPU: 512MB VRAM, Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT
My System Specifications:
OS: Windows 7 Premium, 64-Bit
CPU: Intel i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz
Memory: 8GB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M, (Out of all of their cards it is ranked fifth)
As far as I know my cpu blows their intel duo out of the water, this is just gauging from their different price points. When I looked at the Cpu analysis through the task manager while Titanfall was running it only showed activity on maybe three of them, and the others were all almost completely dormant, to put it in simpleton manner that I understand it by. The three that were being used only ever showed 30-40% usage. My graphics card is the fifth best card Nvidia offers if I look at the Nvidia website. I would imagine that it could run the game fine. In terms of memory I have twice the minimum amount, and when I look through the task manager it only ever uses about 4.1 - 4.3 gigs of it.
So far you may be asking, 'Well, what exactly is the issue here? Everything looks fine, he should be able to run the game fine.'
Problem is.... I don't... I can barely run it smoothly on lowest settings...
30% of the time the game operates fine. 60 FPS as far as I can see, but some input lag sadly. The other 70% of the time the frame rate drops down to maybe 20 FPS, and the input lag increases to about almost a full second's worth. During the time I bought all the parts for my computer it costed me around $1300. I would find it unbelievable that a company would release a game that people would need a system costing over $1300 just to run, and still expected people to buy it. That said, I think something is going on in my computer that is limiting it's performance drastically. It might be due to the fact that my nvidia card uses Optimus and that I have to select which card to use, (Internal GPU or the 770M), i have fiddled with the Nvidia control panel settings set that it should only use the 770M for Titanfall, but in actuality, I dont understand half the stuff in that control panel. I just have a feeling my computer is for some reason not using all of it's resources and is somehow bottle-necking itself when I run the game.
If you could help me with my issue, I would be more than grateful. If you cannot, that is ok, and I appreciate the time you spent to read this. If there is a better place to post this issue then please tell me!
-- Thank you ^-^