Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Updates,where did it go?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 newbleeping

newbleeping

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

Hi Everyone!

I just started using Windos 7 & I was going over all my settings today & made sure my Automatic updates(recommended) was set"on" & I noticed the Microsoft Updates option & shut it off,noot realizing it would disappear & cannot be found anywhere......Where did it go & did I need to have it?

I also have Secunia PSI...................Wouldn't the Automatic Updates take care of all the updates by Microsoft/Windows?

Thank you-Kwik

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Pull up the program menu, in the list of Windows stuff it is at the bottom Windows Update.

Phil

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Some other well written information is contained here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-updates-and-extras/

Specifically the first part, while the screen shots are not quite up to date with windows 7 it navigates the same.

This tutorial here should help as well: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-windows/

Hope these are helpful. :)

Edited by computerxpds, 22 March 2014 - 05:34 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#4 newbleeping

newbleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hey Guys

Actually this is not what I am talking about.....Automatic updates is turned on(checked),I know how to check for updates,how to go through all the options that both tutorials described & pictured..................BESIDES Windows Update I also had (on the bottom)an optio for MICROSOFT UPDATES that said it was for Microsoft products & it also checked for new Microsoft products & software,thhis option was alreadt checked ,I unchecked it & it vanished?

Sincerely-Kwik

BC is the best!!  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!Greetings & Blessings from the Sunshine State                                                                .Kwik :love4u: ....aka "newbleeping"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users