Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fire Fox Says...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flightnut

Flightnut

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

:smash:Hello, everyone.   Before I begin, here are my specs:  Dell Inspiron 3647...Operating Syst = Windows 8.1

Processor = Intel Core i3-4130 @ 3.40 GHZ

4.00 GB Memory

64 bit system type

Here is the situation:  I recently bought this new computer, and have had nothing but problems.  I've managed to struggle through all expect this one.  My browser of choice is (and has been for years) Mozilla Fire Fox.  Today (for the first time ever), I started to get the following error:  "this Connection is untrusted". 

I've googled this message (when I can get access to google) and have gotten everything from making sure my system clock is correct (it is) to disabling the SSL protocol scanning (which has me baffled and not really wanting to deal with it). 

I'm smart enough to know when I'm over my head.  Can anyone out there help explain what's going on in a way that I don't have to be "super-geeky" to understand it.  I'm fairly good with computers but not THAT good!!! 

Actually I feel like re-plug in my old computer (with Windows XP) and giving away this crap on ebay :smash: .  Thanks for listening and any help will be appreciated. 

Reginald

(And this is what I REALLY think about Window 8.1... :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

When you get FF up try options then security tab, see what is setup there.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Flightnut

Flightnut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Old Phil:  Once security tab is open, content reads as follows: 

Warn me when sites try to install add-ons (checked)

Block reported attack sites (Checked)

Block reported web forgeries (checked)

Passwords:

Remember passwords for sites (Checked)

Reginald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users