Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Battery Ac Adapter Dead?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snbase2

snbase2

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:44 PM

My laptop will not start up at all. When i plug in the ac adapter with the battery in, the charging light goes on for a second and the computer tries to start up but stops and then the light goes off. It keeps doing this over and over. If i try starting it without the battery it does the same thing exept the charging light is not on. I dont know if i need a new battery or ac adapter!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:07 PM

Could you give us the make and model of your laptop...

Do you have a friend that has basically the same adapter as yours that you could try out the adapter with.

#3 snbase2

snbase2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:13 PM

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 2500. No i dont know anyone with a Dell Laptop. The ac adapter is model ADP-70EB

#4 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:44 AM

We have several Inspirons in this household, and during the last year or so there have been product recalls on the adapters and batteries of some of the models because of overheating and other problems. It might be worth having a look at the Dell website, which gives instructions on where to look for the relevant product number. (at least, it did at the time - haven't looked recently) They will replace them free of charge if yours is one of the ones affected.

Luci2a

Edited by luci2a, 17 May 2006 - 02:48 AM.

#5 snbase2

snbase2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:44 PM

I just went to the Dell website and so happens my ac adapter was recalled, so i am going to get a new one shipped out to me. Im hoping this is going to take care of the problem!!

#6 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:39 PM

Make sure that if you feel that your battery life may have been shortened by the defective AC power adapter that you vehemently express that you feel that your battery should also be replaced. Or at least ask what compensation you will receive for the inability to use your laptop for a period of time.

Edited by just me, 17 May 2006 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users