Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible google drive infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sandor Borbas

Sandor Borbas

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hey all

Got this strange problem I believe is a virus/Trojan infection, here are the systems

Specs

Win7

4gb ram

Dell PC

Kaspersky 2013

Seen issues

Ran Malwarebytes-  Cleaned a bunch - Deleted

Ran Malwarebytes anti root kit- Nothing found

ran Kaspersky anti root kit- nothing found

ran eset online av- found a bunch - deleted

Ran rkill - nothing found

ran combofix about 20x yes that is 20x. it keeps deleting files about 30 at a time in a folder

c:\user\joeg\appdata\local\temp\mei25602

I am told that when I Changed ownership it is successful

however when I try to delete the folder the folder is in use and it can

t be deleted.

When I boot into safe mode the folder disappears

Combofix runs and does not find anything in safe mode but booting back into regular mode repeats the deletion process.

When I end google drivesynch, the folder disappears....  Is this an infestation or is combofix getting false positives or do I have a virus on my google drive?

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help  starting at Step #6.

When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs   forum, NOT  here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.

NOTE :If you are unable to complete any step, please just post the topic and leave a good description of your problems

Best of Luck !

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users