Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless connectivity issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Milway

Milway

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hi

I am having some connectivity issues with my wireless on my laptop, I don't know what is causing this, I can connect for 20 or 30 mins before the connection drops.

I am able to ping 127.0.01 and loop back what are pinging. I have run my antivirus, Malware and adware programs to see if I have anything but the results come clean.

I have also done a clean install, wipe the drive and install windows 7 back with all the software and I still have the same issue.

I called my Internet provider and explain the issue to see if the router was the problem, but after checks told me that everything seem to be working fine on the router.

I have also run all the ipconfig and winsocks but the issue prevails

would this means that my wireless card is dying? Can someone help me :rolleyes: to check this issue. Please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hello Milway!

I am Vanko and try to help you!

Please download MiniToolBox HERE to your desktop to run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Thank you!

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 21 March 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#3 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Hi A/V

LOGS

Edited by Milway, 21 March 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Hi Milway!

Sorry for the delay!

Update Nvidia driver manually,according your videocard - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Uninstall Net Framework 4.5.1 from Programs and features.

Download and install Net Framework 4 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Download and install Net Framework 4.5 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

After that download and install 4.5.1 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40773

Download and install Silverlight - http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

Download and install Internet explorer 11 - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

• Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  • Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  • Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  • In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  • Click on the Add button and select Browse
  • In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  • Do the same for each of the following:
  • mbamgui.exe
  • mbamservice.exe
  • Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window
  • Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK
  • Close the Kaspersky main window
  • Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Kaspersky Lab and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

#5 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

Also Windows Firewall is turned on?

#6 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

HI A/V,

OK, I have open Kasperky, go to “settings”  >> “Threats and Exclusions” >> “Exclusions”  in here there are two sections

1. Configure exclusion rules
  2. Manage trusted applications

I have chosen “Manage trusted applications” open settings >> “Add” >> “Browse…”  I locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware >> Select “mbam.exe”>> open in the new window that pop ups there is one section which is the last that says

“Do not scan “all” network traffic” 

• only for specified IP addresses:
  • only for specified ports:

Do I need to select these options and if I do which specific IP addresses or ports I need to write?

Sorry for my poor understandings on this matter are we saying to kasperky to ignore Malwarebites so that it can go do it is work?

Also, yes,  I have windows firewall on,  I can see a firewall in “kasperky” that is the reason, should I turn off firewall in windows even though “kasperky” doesn’t have one?.

I went to dell website last night and update on the following drivers: (Dell detected that I need to update them)  

01_Renesas USB3.0 Host Controller Driver

02_Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

03_Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030Advanced-N 6230 Driver

04_Realtek RTL8111EL Ethernet Controller Driver

The connection keeps dropping after the Dell's updates, I can't understand why the connection drops every 20 or 30 mins it is very strange.

#7 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Hi Milway,

Not sure if Antivirus checks found any issue. A good test would be to connect some other wireless device, e.g. smartphone, ipad or other pc/laptop to see if the wifi connection drops on them as well.

Did you make any changes on your router? Did you try to reset it to the factory settings?

Regards.

#8 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hi Easyrider2,

May be I should do another topic to get a deep look on my computer to see if there is something in there hiding from my antivirus. The last day I couldn’t run my antivirus or malwarebytes the computer didn’t let me to open the programs, error’s everywhere and the computer became very unstable, so I decided to do a clean windows installation and now things are working as normal.

The rest of people with computers in the house don’t seem to have any issues with their wireless, but I did a test in one of their laptops with the windows diagnose tool and I got the same error as the one I have.

“Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”

I call my internet provider this morning to do another check on the router, and once again everything is normal on the router from their point of view. I asked them to reset the router to factory default, and change my factory default SSID with another name and password.

What I found is that with the new name and password I could stay for longer connected to the network like 45 mins instead of 20mins, but the connection also dropped, so didn’t fix the issue. So I logged inside my router and change the new password to a different one. My surprise was that once I change the password, I came back to square one, 20 mins of connection before it dropped; now I couldn’t stay not even for 20mins, dropped every 10 or 5 to 2 min range, this happened as I was browsing from different art photography websites, It looks like the wireless or network couldn’t handle the images.

Everything seems too strange, why when I change the password I could stay for longer or less, what  is this telling me? My wireless card or router,

1.  If was my wireless card I would have the same issue stay, 20 mins , no 45, 10 or 5 mins range of connection even if I change the password or not.
  2. None one in the house seem to have any problems with their wireless connection, except me.

Anyway, I remembered few weeks ago I was getting constant DNS errors and connection drops, what I have done and I don’t know if this is right to do or not, is going to my “Network and Sharing Center”>>”Manage Wireless Networks” click on “Adapter properties” and on the new window pop up “Wireless Network Connection Properties” select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on “Properties”

Inside I have set “Use the following IP address” and write down my IP address, subnet mask and Default gateway. Then on the second section of the same window I have set “Use the following DNS server addresses” and write down the “Preferred DNS server” and “Alternate DNS server” which I got my doing the “ipconfig /all” on my CMD window.

Is this the right way to do this? And how save is from intruders?

Now the connection seems quite stable, 3hrs and no drops so far.   

Sorry for my long comment

#9 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Hello Milway!

Yes I know that.The problem is not hardware.

Would you do the following:

Start Kaspersky from the desktop icon.
Below right click Settings.
Select Additional from the left.
Select Threats and exclusions.
Click below the text configure exclusion rules.
It is empty.Click Add buton right below.
Click browse button and locate Malwarebytes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Click mbampt.exe and OK.Protection components must be checked all of them.Click Add buton.
Click Add again and do the same for mbamscheduler.exe,mbam.exe,mbamgui.exe,mbamservice.exe.Scroll to see them.

See the pictures below:

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h41m16s_001_.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h41m57s_002_.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h42m48s_003_.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h55m49s_009_.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h45m20s_005_.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h47m11s_006_.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h49m17s_007_.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.22_23h54m08s_008_.

#10 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Right click on the icon of Kaspersky in system tray.Select tools and Application activity.Choose All Application above and make a screenshot of all content and post it here.

Turn off Windows Firewall.

Agree and download Dr.WEB CureIt HERE on your desktop.
Start the application.
Choose objects for scan.
Set ticks in all checkboxes
Below choose files and folders for scan.
Set ticks in checkboxes in all your drives/C,D,E etc./
Do a scan and post the result as screenshot.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.02.26_01h38m36s_001_.

#11 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hi A/V,

I don’t see “Tools” and “Application activity” when I right click on Kaspersky, also how can I add screeshot with my post, I only see an option for URL but not to upload files??

#12 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Sorry my mistake.This option exist in Internet security.

#13 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

You can upload image for example at picasa or skydrive and there is icon for pictures under this one for emoticons above we are writing.Click this icon and paste the link.Or you can write what was found.

Thank you!

#14 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

Ok thanks

So far found a trojan.siggen4.58009 on some batterycare software that I have, could this be the issue with my wireless?? I mean this is the battery? Strange.

Ok an update on the wireless the connection has dropped once again, I have notice that on the wireless network connection status window.

• The IPv4 connectivity:    Internet
  • IPv6 connectivity:            No Internet access
  • Media State:      Enable

From time to time these three individuals flicks is that normal?

#15 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi

Sorry the URL upload doesn't seem to work....

Anyway Dr Web found only in the following program:

Object:

BatteryCare.resources.dll

Threat:

Trojan.Siggen4.58009

Action:

cure

Path:

C:\Program Files (x86)BatteryCare\es-Es\BatteryCare.resources.dll

Edited by Milway, 22 March 2014 - 08:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users