Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC keeps re-booting need assistance please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gabby5711

Gabby5711

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

I hope that someone could possibly help me please. I have an AMD FX-6100 six core proccessor, 4 GB ram, AMD Radeon HD 6450 Video card, W7 PC that over the last few months keeps rebooting, sometimes fully, sometimes only half and I have to manually press the on/off button to turn it off and then then on again.

We have tested the ram invidually, the power supply and the video card with different ones and it still does this which is so damn annoying. I have unticked to stop it re-booting and yet it still does! I have Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Microsoft Security Essentials. I have tried WE, Firefox and Chrome Internet Browsers and it still does this. It can do it 10 times a day or sometimes not do it for a couple of days???? I am fairly computer savvy but have no idea what else to try before I take it in to an IT tech or buy a new PC! My PC is around a year and a half old now. Help....please :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

Hi and welcome to BC. That's good you tested the PSU, video ect. This issue is tough to nail down as so many things can cause this problem. Since you're more computer savvy then I won't go into super details. However, other things you should consider, check the HD for errors, computer overheating, low Bios battery, short in the wiring.

#3 Gabby5711

Gabby5711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

Thanks, will check these tomorrow as it's way too late atm. CPU temps are low, I had checked this and often reboots within a couple of minutes of turning on. But you have given me a few more things that I can check. Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users