Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

History From Admin Account Appeared in Standard Account

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 auto1571

auto1571

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hi guys, 

Well I have recently created a new Admin and new Standard account as the last two were having issues. However when I opened up an APP on my Standard Account yesterday which was Login Studios and clicked the download link to search for new login screens, as well as opening up the login studio site it also opened up a Tab that I already had on my Admin account. And I could see the history from that one too. It was like I was back at my Admin account without even logging on or off or switching user accounts. I also tried this with another application and the same thing happened. 

Can anyone explain what this means please?

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 22 March 2014 - 11:20 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

See if this helps.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

See if this helps.

Well I don't remember doing this at all my self and this is the first time I have ever witnessed this. Would you say this might be a sign that I could have been infected at some point? 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,398 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

It is possible, let's run a couple of scans and see what pops up.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  When the installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click on Finish.

3)  MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. 

4)  Click on perform Quick Scan, then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

5)  The scan will now begin, this may take some time to complete so please be patient.

6)  When the scan is finished click on Show Results to display all objects found.

7)  Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

8)  Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.

Make sure that every item shown in the results has a check mark in the box next to it, then click on Remove Selected.

9)  When removal is completed, a log will open in Notepad.

This log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next post, then exit MBAM.

Important:  If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Please copy the Malwarebytes log and paste it in your next post.

To locate this file right click on the Start orb and choose Open Windows Explorer, then click on C: drive.

When the C: drive opens click on the following:  ProgramData, Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Logs.  

If there is more than one log, choose the log with the date that you ran scan that I requested.

If there are a large number of items found you can go into Settings and click on Scanner Settings to change the setting in Action for potentially unwanted programs (PUP) to Show in results list and check for removal.

Malwarebytessettings_zpsb9b50638.png

Please scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET Online Scan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan

• Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.

• For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer.
      Save it to your Desktop.

• Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png to download the ESET Smart Installer. icon on your Desktop.

• Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."

• Click the Start button.

• Accept any security warnings from your browser.

• Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives"and "Remove found threats"

• Click Advanced settings and select the following:

• Scan potentially unwanted applications

• Scan for potentially unsafe applications

• Enable Anti-Stealth technology

• ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.

• When the scan completes, click List Threats

• Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

• Click the Back button.

• Click the Finish button.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

It is possible, let's run a couple of scans and see what pops up.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  When the installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click on Finish.

3)  MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. 

4)  Click on perform Quick Scan, then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

5)  The scan will now begin, this may take some time to complete so please be patient.

6)  When the scan is finished click on Show Results to display all objects found.

7)  Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

8)  Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.

Make sure that every item shown in the results has a check mark in the box next to it, then click on Remove Selected.

9)  When removal is completed, a log will open in Notepad.

This log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next post, then exit MBAM.

Important:  If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Please copy the Malwarebytes log and paste it in your next post.

To locate this file right click on the Start orb and choose Open Windows Explorer, then click on C: drive.

When the C: drive opens click on the following:  ProgramData, Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Logs.  

If there is more than one log, choose the log with the date that you ran scan that I requested.

If there are a large number of items found you can go into Settings and click on Scanner Settings to change the setting in Action for potentially unwanted programs (PUP) to Show in results list and check for removal.

Malwarebytessettings_zpsb9b50638.png

Please scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET Online Scan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan

• Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.

• For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer.
      Save it to your Desktop.

• Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png to download the ESET Smart Installer. icon on your Desktop.

• Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."

• Click the Start button.

• Accept any security warnings from your browser.

• Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives"and "Remove found threats"

• Click Advanced settings and select the following:

• Scan potentially unwanted applications

• Scan for potentially unsafe applications

• Enable Anti-Stealth technology

• ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.

• When the scan completes, click List Threats

• Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.

• Click the Back button.

• Click the Finish button.

Hey, very sorry for the late reply. I ended up having more problems and ended up going to a repair shop and so have not been online lately. However I will bookmark this for future reference. Sorry and thanks again.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,398 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

It's unfortunate that you felt it was necessary to take this to a repair shop to resolve your issues.  But I can appreciate why you would fell it necessary.  Because I have a life outside of Bleeping Computer my time here is often limited, this can prolong the repair process, this to could prompt one to use the services of a repair shop.

I hope your problems are resolved and you have no further instances of this.

dc3

Edit:  It is not necessary to quote my posts in your response.

Edited by dc3, 08 April 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#7 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Yeah I will try to use this as much as possible now rather than going elsewhere. It wasn't that I was being impatient with your replies; I was experiencing other problems too.

By the way right now I am trying to create a recovery solution to my computer. The problem was that once when I tried a Linux OS I ended up replacing my Windows 7 OS with that Linux OS before re-installing Windows 7 again and thus have now lost the Samsung recovery area where the recovery solution is supposed to go.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,398 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Can you boot into Windows?

#9 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Yes I can boot into windows. The only problem is that I am no longer abot to install the recovery solution as is says no recovery area found.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,398 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Please make a screen shot of the Disk Managment.

To open the Disk Management click on the Start orb, they type diskmgmt.msc in the Search programs and files box.

Disk Management will in the pane above the Search box under Programs, click on Disk Management to open it.

Follow the instructions below to make and post a screen shot.

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot. 

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

#11 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

Cannot currently see the attach files section.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,398 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

This method works in the Windows forums, but quite obviously not in the Am I Infected forum.  I've PMed a moderator to see why these options are available in this forum, so I will find out something shortly.

In the mean time, do  you have a on online photo hosting account, a website like photobucket?

If you don't, you can open a free account at photobucket, my current choice.  

After uploading the picture you can open Library to view your pictures.

If you move your pointer to the upper right portion of the image a menu will open.

Click on Get Links, in the image that open you want to click on Image Codes (for forums, boards).  

This will copy the link, all you have to do now is to right click in your topic and choose paste to load the image.

Don't be worried if all you see in the hyper link, this is normal.  When the topic is posted it will appear as the image.

#13 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hi I managed to upload to Imgur and my screenshot can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/uGaZgqd.jpg

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,398 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Yeah I will try to use this as much as possible now rather than going elsewhere. It wasn't that I was being impatient with your replies; I was experiencing other problems too.

By the way right now I am trying to create a recovery solution to my computer. The problem was that once when I tried a Linux OS I ended up replacing my Windows 7 OS with that Linux OS before re-installing Windows 7 again and thus have now lost the Samsung recovery area where the recovery solution is supposed to go.

The image of the disk manager shows the normal 100MB System Reserve partition, the C: partition with the operating system, but there is a 5.91GB partition which is empty.  I'm guessing that that partition was there for the System Recovery?

As for a recovery solution, have you thought about using a program like Macrium Reflect to clone your operating system?

So, as I understand it so far you have reinstalled Windows and it is now functioning properly?

What is the model of this Samsung?

#15 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Thanks very much for the cloning link you gave me. I'll be sure to check that out very soon. The samsung model is NP-S3520-A02DX and yes the OS has been re-installed. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users