Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Win Xp Media Center

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:27 PM

If I have Windows XP Home Edition currently installed on my pc and I want to install Windows XP Media Center Edition do I have to reformat my hardrive before installing or do I just pop the Media Center CD in and format from there??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

The answer is : "Yup!"

You can do either, but why not just let your CD do it. During the installation you will probably have to delete the partition that currently contains Windows, and then when prompted I recommend you choose a FULL format and not the quick version.

Hope that helps!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

Yup thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users