Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System boots up in safe mode emachine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 juanJohn

juanJohn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

My system boots up in safe mode after I had Comcast support troubleshoot. They say I had a virus that was hogging up my internet.

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2014 - 02:13 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode with Command.

When it opens type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

This will appear under Programs, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.

When the elevated command prompt opens type in, or copy and paste sfc /scannow, then press Enter.

Once the scan has finished a log will have bee created.  To access this log open the elevated command prompt the same way you did previously, the copy and paste  findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt and press Enter.

A new icon will appear on the desktop titled sfcdetails, click on this to open it, copy and paste this in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

You might want to open the run box (Win + R) type msconfig  and goto the boot tab and make sure Safe boot and is not checked If it is checked it will force the computer to boot to safe mode 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users