Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HAVE YOU USED ( RECUVA ) HARD DRIVE SCANER?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UPLINKMYASS

UPLINKMYASS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:11 AM

HI, I AM LOOKING FOR INFO, CONCERNING THE RECUVA HARD DRIVE FILE READER SCANER,  I WHOULD LIKE  TO KNOW IF I DOWNLOAD IT,  CAN IT BE USED TO SCAN AND DISPLAY THE INFO ON EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES THAT I CAN HOOKUP WITH A USB HARD DRIVE TOOL, AND STILL REPAIR THEM SO I CAN USE THEM FOR REBOOTING THE COMPUTER THAY WERE FROM?

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2014 - 11:23 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hotcore

hotcore

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

Lately i used several software products to recover data and in my findings Recuva didn't perform very well.

I settled with Easeus Data Recovery Wizard (and no, this is not and advertisement!) which performs very good, however costs some money if you need to recover more than 2 GB of data.

You can recover external drives via USB with that tool. Same applies for Recuva afaik.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

The website for Recuva and other apps...provides extensive information on products.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Louis

#4 b0bl335wa993r

b0bl335wa993r

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hi Uplink

I've recovered a great amount of data from my hard disks after some stupid formatting. I tried Recuva and Orion from NCH, I would rate Recuva first in free programs followed by Orion. The first thing is whatever may be the software, stop writing anything even the installation files of recovery programs you wanted to use. The least you use the drive you wanted to recover, the more are the chances of recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users