Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Output Device is Installed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DarkD

DarkD

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

Now I know that there are other places for recommendations on this problem, and i've tried a dozen of them.  Here's what I've tried

*uninstalling and reinstalling the HD Audio Device Driver from the device manager, it uninstalls then fails to reinstall leaving me where I started

*Going through the BIOS to turn on something disabled about audio, went through all the menus and didn't see anything related to audio

*opened the services list and checked that windows audio was turned on, it was

*clicked on the audio thing with the red x and let it try and install itself, it recommends to reinstall the driver like mentioned earlier and it fails. 

*ran windows update, i'm completely up to date according to it. 

*restarted my computer something like 20 times. 

The computer is old, but we recently installed windows.  It was originall an XP machine, then a Linux Ubuntu, now its a windows 7.  The installation is fresh, and I don't think there should be any real spyware or virus problems, this is just something I've neglected to install when I updated to windows 7. 

My best guess would be a compatibility issue with the old hardware and the new OS.  The speakers are Medion NXT 2.1.  Can't find any other labels on them besides that. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

could you go to Device Manager and see does any yellow or red exclamation there? if yes, does any error number on it?
please open sound, video and game controllers tree  and open your audio device manager properties

on Driver tab, please tell Driver Provider and Driver Version on your next post.

On Detail tab, please scroll down Hardware Ids, please copy it and paste it on next post

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

There is a yellow exclamation mark and there is no error number where you describe, but if I go to properties it says "this device cannot start (code 10)

Provider is Microsoft

Version is 6.1.7601.17514

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_434D&DEV_4980&SUBSYS_70461462&REV_0904
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_434D&DEV_4980&SUBSYS_70461462

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

C-Media has not release driver C-Media 9880 for win7 as their has stopped their support before win7 release, I could try to help you to find audio driver that could used for your audio but I cant guarantee that it will free from problem so if you want to give a try please dont blame me if it doesnt work or make some crashed / bluescreen.
if you want to try unofficial driver you could download from here.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Cmedia-Azalia-Audio-Codec-9880-Driver-UDAX008-62-64-Download-18212.html

if you want to a safe fix, you need to buy a new sound card and disable your on board audio.

#5 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

So basically the onboard sound card doesn't support windows 7 so I can either download that risky patch, or buy a sound card that does support it.  Problem is, that computer is really old and I think it only supports AGP slots.  Is there a sound card that can be hooked up to USB for that?

#6 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

basically your onboard sound card support windows7 but your sound card manufacture doesnt officially release driver for that type.  some people could fix it by using winxp driver and install it with compatibilty mode but some people report that by doing that they do a random crash or BSOD, this is you right to decide to give it a try and I will assist you or you just want buy a new sound card.

could you provide more information about your computer brand and type, if it was a custom computer just tell your mainboard brand and type, but I think there was a PCI slot on your mainboard, any USB sound card I think could be hooked up on your computer.

#7 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Uhh it was a prebuilt computer.  It's a M3 Composer 4210 PC

Pentium 4 processor 530 with HT technology

1MB L2 Cache

800 Mhz front side bus

3.0GHz

1GB of ram

160 GB 7200 rpm SATA hd

128 MB Nvidia Geforce FX 5300 PCI-E graphics card

Well what do yea know, there is a PCI-E slot on this thing.  I think that's the only one though. 

At this point I wanna just get a sound card, so the store I'll be buying from is NCIX.ca. Anything cheap you see on their site?  I don't consider this a performance PC so just anything will do. 

Edited by DarkD, 21 March 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#8 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

just buy anything cheap but do have win7 driver :wink:

#9 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'd suggest going with USB sound so you don't have to worry if the card will fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users