Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'...change compatability...'

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 samich

samich

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hello -

The other day when I rebooted I saw flashing by something like "change compatability" and didn't have time to read the rest of the message. (Win XP, SP3, FF and Opera)

I had not (knowingly) done anything to cause this. No new downloads/extensions.

I do notice now that the mail screen in AOL webmail is much bigger -broader/extended.  Prior to that flashing message, the mail box with messages didn't fill entire screen and I could change size of its left panel.

Playing with zoom options doesn't really solve this.  Did a few System Restores, and of course nothing in AOL webmail changed.

Searching AOL for info didn't help at all.  Figure it must be AOL webmail issue since no other sites are affected.

My basic question is how to change the resolution/screen size in AOL webmail.

Going to Whatsmybrowser.com, I find:

Browser window width: 1024

Browser window height:  581

Screen width:    1024

Screen height:   768

Screen color depth:  24

I've searched Firefox and AOL webmail for some indication as to what caused this. Couldn't find anything.  My windows resolution is as always.

Any hints on how to correct this annoyance is appreciated.

Thanks very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users