So here is the skinny – random audio ads in Chrome, sluggish chrome, chrome crashes, sluggish computer, erratic computer performance. I ran windows expreience just to see how it compared to the previous benchmark and it is considerably worse. I also thought it might be a fading HD, but that was the only test in the windows experience that stayed consistent.
Setup- Dell Latitude E5420 (2.5 years old), WIN 7, 32 bit, MS Security Essentials for AV(run updates at least once per week), run MWB A-W about once per month
Steps that I have tried so far after some research:
· Ran adwcleaner – a few items found, cleaned them up
· Ran JRT.exe – nothing found
· Ran HitmanPro – found several items and cleaned them up
· Ran full scan with MWB A-W -found a few items and cleaned them up
· I have disabled some extensions in Chrome that I was not sure of origin
· Cleared all cache, history, and settings in Chrome
I do not use IE, so I do not know if the problem exists there as well. I am a pro google apps user so I need Chrome for everday business.
So where do I go from here? I thank you in advance for your help.