Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Ads in Chrome background

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 T Crew Dad

T Crew Dad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hey gang,

So here is the skinny – random audio ads in Chrome, sluggish chrome, chrome crashes, sluggish computer, erratic computer performance.  I ran windows expreience just to see how it compared to the previous benchmark and it is considerably worse.  I also thought it might be a fading HD, but that was the only test in the windows experience that stayed consistent.

Setup- Dell Latitude E5420 (2.5 years old), WIN 7, 32 bit, MS Security Essentials for AV(run updates at least once per week), run MWB A-W about once per month

Steps that I have tried so far after some research:

·         Ran adwcleaner – a few items found, cleaned them up

·         Ran JRT.exe – nothing found

·         Ran HitmanPro – found several items and cleaned them up

·         Ran full scan with MWB A-W -found a few items and cleaned them up

·         I have disabled some extensions in Chrome that I was not sure of origin

·         Cleared all cache, history, and settings in Chrome

I do not use IE, so I do not know if the problem exists there as well.  I am a pro google apps user so I need Chrome for everday business.

So where do I go from here?  I thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Bruno

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

Follow the directions here Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

for posting a new topic here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum - BleepingComputer.com

Once you have posted the new topic, do not bump it. Wait for a response.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 T Crew Dad

T Crew Dad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

Buddy215, thanks for your reply.  Before I started down this road of comsuming my time and someone else's time on this forum, I decided to try a much easier approach first.  I simply uninstalled Chrome and installed a fresh copy.  For now, that seems to do the trick.  If it starts to act up again, I will be back.

Don't how much I will add to this forum as my knowledge is limited, but I will definitely become a reader and glean from others here.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

Ah...that was too easy:)  If the ads do come back...you can post in the other forum.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users