Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strong connection but slow browsing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 melogna

melogna

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hey all, so I have a strong signal from my modem, but browsing is incredibly slow and pages only partially load if they do at all. I'm running Windows 8.

Major sites such as Google, Facebook, and Youtube are slow to load, especially Google, which doesn't load at all most of the time. Other sites load a little faster but browsing is generally slow on all browsers I have (I use Firefox primarily). Browsing on OTHER devices in my house, however, is fine. It's only on my computer. I use WiFi.

I already tried:

-restarting
-shutting down
-troubleshooting with connection/network adapter
-flushing the DNS
-running quick scan with kaspersky
-clearing cookies
-disc cleanup
-defraging hard drive
-resetting the modem
-reinstalling java
-reinstalling flash

-updating firefox

Sometimes I get SSL-related errors when webpages try to load. I don't know how to resolve the issue in Firefox, but I "reactivated" TLS/SSL in IE, and I still had problems.

This forum runs better, not the best, but like I said, it's mostly major websites that are slow. Especially when I log into one. Example: Facebook home page will load fine, but when I log in, only the top bar will show.

It's so confusing and I can't figure it out to save my life :ranting:

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 22 March 2014 - 04:41 PM.
Moved to Web browsing/Email and other internet applications

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users