Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pink panther

pink panther

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:16 PM

I've decided to get rid of my Gateway 98se. I'm looking into getting a new laptop/notebook. I will be using it mainly for photo editing, video editing and web surfing. I've resurched different brands and options. I'm so confused I've started drinking more [lol]. I konw video editing takes a lot of memory and a good graphic card. I would like to keep the price under 2000.00.

My three big questions are:

What processor

how much memory [ram & hd]

whate type/size/kind of graphics card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:09 PM

I would go for a hp pavilion series laptop. I have had 2 from hp and both have been very good.

You can get a nice sized graphics card with hp up to 256mb on some pavilion models. They use ATI.

I got what I think is the best CPU on the market for the price and speed you get. I got a AMD 64 bit cpu. I would go for a 64bit AMD cpu over a intel cpu. I got the 3200 series which is slow next to AMD's new Amd 4500 series chip.

I got 100gb hd on this laptop its a lot for a laptop. My last had a 30gb!
I would go for 1gb or more ram I got 768mb....You can get up to 2gb on the model I have.

Hope this helps.
You can customize your own hp laptop at hp.com

#3 pink panther

pink panther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:29 AM

CGM3 thanks for the reply. This does help a lot. It gives me a good
starting point. I've copied all the info, and will hit the computer shops