Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Btyahoo Browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigpat

bigpat

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

Hi there

Everytime I go to close the browser a window appears showing the following message:

ybrowser.exe Application error

The instruction at referenced memory at "0x07548a63". The memory could not be "read".

Please click here to close the browser.

Having contacted Bt help they suggested that I uninstall then reinstall the latest version of the browser from their downloads page as it seemed that the application could be corrupt. This hasn't made the blindest bit of difference and i'm now wondering if there is something more sinister lurking within the depths. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

It only happens with this one program? You only see this one error? If so, then it is related to that one program.

Does your computer shut down on it's own?

Are you experiencing any other buggy behavior from this computer?

Is it running slower than it used to?

Have you ever gotten a blue screen and then had to shut down the comptuer?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 bigpat

bigpat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:26 AM

Hi there

No problem with the computer shutting down and in fact when I closed down the browser earlier this afternoon, the message didn't appear. however in the bt help notifier, a similar message about an entry point and a dll came up. Makes me think there is something there in the bt browser. Doesn't seem to happen with mozilla or IE7.

Pat

#4 Ian186

Ian186

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:28 PM

Hi ;

Yep I have exactly the same problem. BT refuse to acknowledge there's a problem. I have lost count of the number of times I have deleted this and re-installed but all with the same result. Sort of leant either to delete browser or put up with the problem. Other sites indicate the same problems is bugging them but only offer the solution of delete and re install which doesn't help as you know.
Sorry but other than sympathise I can't help - at least we are brother in arms !!!
By the way I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to (and I use the terms loosely) the terms loosely to BT 8mb speed which isn't!!! Told on m line i would get 4mb but actually getting about 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users