Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your computer was unable to start

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jfuego

Jfuego

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hi all. I got this lovely message this morning out of the blue. My computer was working mostly fine yesterday with the exception of some search assist virus I've had for a while and couldn't get rid off. But it never affected anything except my online browsing. Anyway I have work files on this which will cost people lots of money if I can't get them off. And of course I need the computer working again

Your computer was unable to start
Ran attempted system restore (from the only screen I can see) and it came back with "startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically"
So I'm at a loss.

Specs:
Samsung laptop running windows 7.
It just says intel pentium inside. I'm not super tech savvy so I don't know more

I searched google and it seems I'm getting a similar issue as others. It attempts to repair but then says it can't. It gives me these details:

Problem event name, startup repair offline
Problem sig 1, 6,1,7600,16385
Problem sig 2, same
Problem sig 3, unknown
Problem sig 4, 748
Problem sig 5, autofailover
Problem sig 6, 1
Problem sig 7, badpatch
Os version, 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale I'd, 1033

That's all I can do so far. Please help if you can. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jfuego

Jfuego
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hi, me again, just wanted to add it will NOT start in safe mode. It just says "please wait" forever and does nothing. OH, also, it did an automatic update either yesterday or the day before. I can't remember exactly, but I remember restarting it in the last 36 hours from an update.

Edited by Jfuego, 19 March 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

Normally when I've seen this in the past there were issues with the hard drive in the laptop.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Remove the hard drive...attach it to a working system...move any desired data files to another drive/partition, etc.

Then...I would run a hard drive diagnostic on the drive in question.

Louis

#5 Jfuego

Jfuego
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hi guys, my apologies for the late reply. I had to take care of work from another computer first, and then came back to this issue. SO... I got the computer up and running a day ago, don't ask me how, it just involved a lot of turning it off and on again and trying to boot in safe mode and at some point it just started, but now I'm afraid to shut it off lest this should happen again. Does you have any good advice on diagnostics to run to make sure this doesn't happen again? Also, I was able to get rid of the Search Assist virus...it was hiding in a program called Sendori. I don't know what that is or where it came from, but deleting that got rid of it.

Anyway...what should I do now to make sure the bootup issue doesn't happen again?

I appreciate your help.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

IMO, your first priority should be to run the following diagnostic on your hard drive.

Guide, SeaTools For DOS - http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOSguide.pdf

SeaTools for DOS Download - http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

Louis

#7 Jfuego

Jfuego
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

will do. thanks. i'll let you know what i find

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users