Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VGA is GPU intensive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyKarter

JimmyKarter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Is it possible that using the VGA port on my computer is slowing the GPU really badly?

I looked at some videos of my graphics card, it's a low/medium end GPU, but people play Battlefield 3 with it no problem.

In fact with VGA my computer is slower than my medium-end laptop. Is it possible that somehow my computer is running through integrated graphics, or is VGA slow on my GPU?

Sorry I can't use HDMI at least for a while, my monitor is somehow incompatible when I plug in HDMI since it's slightly old.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

........s it possible that somehow my computer is running through integrated graphics...............?

The cable connected to monitor is plugged into the output of video card.....right? If so, then you are using the video card.

For more info....give some details on your computer. Age, brand, model, video card info.

Older computers did require manually changes in the bios when switching to video card.

Have you checked manufacturer's site to see if there are any useful driver updates for the card?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:34 AM

VGA vs. DVI vs. HDMI should make no difference to the rendering performance of the card.  At least it never has in my experience, nor have I ever read of it affecting performance.

7sbvuf-6.png

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

But is like buddy215 mentioned if the intigrated graphics are not disabled that would cause an issue though I doubt the card would work if still set to intigrated.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users