Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sent messages folder emptied entirely out!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hogofogo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

I sooo hope someone can help me!  My email program is Thunderbird 24.4.0.  Yesterday, all 650+ messages disappeared from my 'Sent' folder, and no newly written messages are getting stored there now.  But I know those messages are somewhere because 1)  if I use the search function in Thunderbird, it will turn up the one I'm looking for AND 2) if I click on "Properties"  for the Sent folder it tells me the number of messages that should be in it, and as I write more messages, that number increases.  So those sent messages are in my computer somewhere, but I can't find them.  The only other hint I have is this:  when the search function finds me a particular sent message and I right click on it, the drop down menu gives me many options, among them "Move to 'Miscellaneous' Again", which suggests the message was in some folder called Miscellaneous. But wWhen I search for such a folder in the whole computer,though I find a number of them. most are known to me and contain other things.  But there's one called Miscellaneous.msf, which I can't open, and when I search the web for a program that will work,  I get "Windows does not recognize this file type".  Does anyone have some suggestions about how to recover my sent messages as a group and get them back into their proper place?  

Edited by hamluis, 19 March 2014 - 11:48 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

Hi -

I do not use that system, but some looking has found these answers from their forum

Did you try everything described in this article? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Disappearing_mail

Now see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_folders

These were recent problems for your type of "missing sent emails"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users