Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

See Result Of Every Run

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Giora

Giora

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

How can I make Windows Defender automatically report the result of every run like it was with Antispyware?
Giora

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

From Windows Defender Help Files

View the progress of a Windows Defender scan.

You can view which type of Windows Defender scan is in progress and see how long it has been running.

To view the progress of a scan
Open Windows Defender. (Click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Defender.)
If a scan is in progress, the progress is displayed until the scan is complete. If the scan is complete, the status will display the scan results, and the date and time that the scan completed.

Note: If a scan is in progress, you can also click the Windows Defender icon in the notification area to view the status of the scan.

To view when your computer was last scanned for spyware and other potentially unwanted software, check the Status area on the Windows Defender Home page.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Giora

Giora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

From Windows Defender Help Files

View the progress of a Windows Defender scan.

You can view which type of Windows Defender scan is in progress and see how long it has been running.

To view the progress of a scan
Open Windows Defender. (Click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Defender.)
If a scan is in progress, the progress is displayed until the scan is complete. If the scan is complete, the status will display the scan results, and the date and time that the scan completed.

Note: If a scan is in progress, you can also click the Windows Defender icon in the notification area to view the status of the scan.

To view when your computer was last scanned for spyware and other potentially unwanted software, check the Status area on the Windows Defender Home page.

What I wanted is a message on the screen like in Antispyware, after the run, with the result.
So if it runs at night, and I come in the morning, I can see without looking for it that the program ran at night and what was the result.
Giora

#4 joe883

joe883

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

I don't believe that is available. I've been using it for some time now
and the only way I've been able to do that is to go to the program itself.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2006 - 06:10 PM

Giora, I thought you were asking how to view the scan results. I checked again and did not find anything in the Help files. I believe joe883 is correct about the scanning result screen not appearing after the scan is complete like it did in MSAS beta.

Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender support and comments. I'm sure your not the only one to ask this question so you might want to check Newsgroups for Windows Defender (Beta 2). I will check there myself first chance I get and let you know if I find anything more.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:47 AM

That feature was lost with WinDefender, apparently. I miss the end of scan report, too, Giora. But as my scheduled scan is at 9:00AM daily, I just open the program around 9:20 and click the History link atop the main page for scan info. If anything was found during the scan, the items appear on that screen for your action input. If the Allowed/Quarantined screens are empty, than I know nothing was found. Not quite as nice, but it's better than nothing. :thumbsup: Of course you can always go to Admin Tools, Event Viewer, System to see if the scan ran at all.

Edited by buttoni, 11 June 2006 - 11:43 AM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#7 jaeluuc

jaeluuc

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

Dear Giora,
I'm so excited that I might know something to help, and finally start paying back for all of the wonderful help and knowledge that I have received!

I'm a statistics nut and was frustrated not to be able to get the data like the other scans provide. Just got 'everything was running normally'.

Tried clicking on everything and discovered that the 'back a page' button on the 'everything is fine' window gave me a few more details that I craved.

Hope this gives you what you want! :thumbsup:
New Beginner
Windows XP

#8 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

Thanks so much for that info. Guess I hadn't clicked that button either.

Edited by buttoni, 13 June 2006 - 12:31 PM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#9 jaeluuc

jaeluuc

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

Hey buttoni,

I think we lost Giora, they had this question and one about an icon that I was also interested in......

They didn't seem to get 'their' answer in either place and haven't been around in almost a month.

It is such a shame because this is such a great place to learn! But sometimes it just takes a little while...

I'm here a lot! with many a ?????

Will probably see you again :thumbsup:

Jennifer
New Beginner
Windows XP

#10 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

I'm sure you will. I check in nearly everyday. That's how we all learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users