Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell U2414H

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hyph

Hyph

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hello guys!

My 4 years old monitor have failed me(Finally duh) and Im thinking of getting the Dell U2414H

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=860-BBCG

Do you guys think this is a good choice for a 24 inch monitor?

Im thinking about getting either a 23 or 24 inch monitor though..

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2014 - 12:01 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to System Building j- Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

personally, i love dell monitors and have used my dell U3011 (photography + occasional gaming) for... don't quite remember, but quite some time now.  dell computers - well, not so much. but their monitors? definitely.

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

#3 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

It is definitely a good monitor if you need the features it has and are willing to drop the cash for it, however there are some good 24" monitors out there that dont cost $300.  The main selling point for that monitor is the slim bezel, so I would say if that does not matter to you then keep looking if you want to save the money.

#4 Hyph

Hyph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

Ah! Rly? Then what other good monitors that you will personally recommend then? I've been looking at some BenQ's monitor and they are not bad as well.. if i could get another good monitor with presumeably with good color reproduction etc then i'll definitely go for that one.. and it doesnt need to be 24inch.. 23 is viable as well

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

I usually suggest getting an IPS monitor, like the one you have chosen.  Their colors are often more accurate and the viewing angles are better.

Additional monitors include:

ASUS VS24AH-P Black 24"

Dell UltraSharp U2412M Black IPS Panel 24"

AOC q2963Pm Black 29"  (If you really want to spend $300+ on a monitor...)

3939.png

#6 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

Personally, i would recommend the same ASUS monitor that DJB recommended just because I like ASUS, but if your personal preference is DELL than i would also recommend the DELL one that DJB picked as well.
just my 2 cents. :)

#7 Hyph

Hyph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Alright then, i'll see if those monitors are available here haha.. thanks for the recommendation guys, i rly appreciate it :)

#8 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

I'd opt fpr the dell, but I don't think you'd be disapointed with either the asus or the dell. You probably already mentioned this, and I'm just being lazy, but what was it again that you intend to use this monitor for? Less-than-pro/prosumer photographic-intended models will still work just fine for average photographic editing needs; same goes for monitors made for gaming. Asus and Dell are both good choices.

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

#9 Hyph

Hyph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Just gaming and movies mainly.. i've heard good thing about dell.. so yeah im getting one later.. hope i wont regret this haha..

#10 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

good luck with whatever you decide on

#11 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Dell monitors, especially theh IPS, are very very good monitors. However, the expense of this, is quality. I was low on budget with my PC build, and had to resort to this really crappy 150 dollar monitor, basically, if you dragged something around, there would be a shadow image behind it.

mYIGVc5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users