Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with IE.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ynotmat

ynotmat

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hi,

After my last windows update IE does not work properly (see screenshot 1). I cannot open internet options or inetcpl.cpl

tried re-installing IE but this is blocked by group policy. opened group policy editor and i get an error about inetres.adml and inetres.admx.

Cannot copy these files from another computer to mine either.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Have you tried doing a Restore to a date before the last batch of updates ?  I would try that as a first approach and then re-install the updates one by one checking IE between each update !  If you do identify the one that caused the problem, you can then uninstall that update.

Have you tried a different browser - Safari, Firefox, Chrome to name three - to see if you have the same problem there ?  Might be worth a look.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 ynotmat

ynotmat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

HI Chris,

Have tried system restore and it does not help. Chrome and firefox works fine for me. 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

You could try MS Fixit .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users