Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How much would it cost to pinpoint an IP address location?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shadyboss

shadyboss

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

I get the whole jazz, "the best you can do is find the city" blah there must be some way because I got as far as getting the zip code absolutely free and what do ya know? The zip code was for the right city that this person was in. I want to know how accurately I can pinpoint a location with an IP address and how much it'll cost.

I'd be willing to pay up to $2,000 if it can find me the right neighborhood and $4,000 if it can get me the actual address.

I'm not a hitman or anything lol... I wouldn't be on here if I was. I'm looking for an old friend :/ I need to know if they did something stupid to themselves.... or if they're ok... that's all.

:( it has been eating at me slowly for 3-4 years.

Edited by shadyboss, 18 March 2014 - 01:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

I don't think that exist, since it will be great harm if someone know your IP and ping back to your home. If he's thief? Not good.

You correct about zip code, I think if you know the zip code, its better to ask the local administration office of that city and give them information about name. That may work better.

Or did I miss something?

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

There used to be a way.  Why not try the local police if you know the name

Edited by NickAu1, 18 March 2014 - 06:00 AM.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

You're not going to be able to get that accurate with an IP address, unless you get the information from the Internet Service Provide (ISP) providing the IP address.  Most of the IP searches will show you where that ISP has that IP address range.  To get more accurate you would have to get the account information tied to the IP address that they had assigned at the specific time you wanted.  Normally you'd have to go through a court to get that information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users