Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connected but cannot browse

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Acarr

Acarr

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Out of the blue one day, I was using the internet on my other laptop when it started acting up. Chrome and Firefox would sproradically be unable to connect, until they outright could not connect at all. However, my torrents in qbittorrent and utorrent were able to continue up/downloading (though very slowly) and other devices and computers are able to connect to my wifi.

I've tried resetting my IP address, disabling firewalls, and some other stuff, but I really have no idea what's going on. It's been like this for a couple weeks now, luckily it's not a computer I have to use often. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm running Win7 x64

If it means anything, I have also had previous issues where utorrent was unable to make a connection on known working torrents (other computers on network could download them easily), even when my browsers were working.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Acarr try to reboot to safe mode with networking (when starting computer Tap the F8 Key repeatedly till option shows) then try to access the internet there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users