Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A way to quickly switch monitors in Vista?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

I have two monitors attached to my computer on 2 different desks. I also have two keyboards and two mice. I like to use only one monitor at a time, as I move between each desk several times during the day.

I have an nvidia graphics card, and In Windows XP, I use nview (a software from nvidia) to create a keyboard shortcut to switch from one monitor to the other.

But there is no nview for Vista :(

Switching the monitors manually in Vista is a big pain, with several steps of clicking on things - which is fine if you do it rarely but, I do it a lot.

Does anyone know a way to switch monitors in Vista like I did in XP with Nview? Like, some hidden windows thing, or some software out there? I've been looking and not finding.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/40049/nView_Display_tech.pdf, , do you have a Quadro graphics device?

If not, UltraMon is the alternative I see frequently suggested.

Louis

#3 bludshot

bludshot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Nope, geforce.

I'm looking for a free solution unfortunately

0 user(s) are reading this topic