Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is my video card fried?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikecon

mikecon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

so....i accidently spilled some beer on top of my case, and some beer trickled down and hit the top of my graphics card.

i cleaned it off with isopropyl alcohol, but when i plug the card back in and start the computer, the monitor remains off/black

i tried the integrated video and the computer turns on fine, so im guessing the motherboard is okay.

so, is the card junk now? or did i miss some sort of step ?

thanks for reading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Very good chance it is damaged, you can try contacting the vendor.  Be honest with your problem "some" will fix them if possible cheaper than new.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 mikecon

mikecon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

okay , thanks for the advice,

is it possible for them/me to order a replacement circuit board/chip for the video card, and salvage the fans/cooling system on the bottom?

the store i got it at will most likely just say "buy another card from us" :(

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

if your video card still under warranty and no sign of burn or water sign or broken something you could RMA it, usually they only check it physically, if they not see any sign that could broke your warranty they will accept your RMA.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users