Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keeps switching off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elenapena85

elenapena85

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Laptop keeps switching off

Acer aspire 5742
Intel core 13
Windows 7

I had been having over heating problems with my laptop so on Friday
I opened it up and removed all the dust buildup from the fan. It seemed to fix the problem and it was working fine that night, Saturday and Sunday. This morning I tried to use and I had some problems trying to switch it on. Once I got it to switch on,it booted up completely I then herd a click and it switched off. When I switched it back (with no problem ) it didn't reboot I just had to retype my password but seconds later the same thing happened agin and keeps on happening.

I would appreciate any help

Elena

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

could you go to safe mode to test does your problem still happen on safe mode or not.
if you have software that could check your cpu temperature will be good, try cpu temp or something like that just to make sure your problem is overheating or not. if your cpu temperature reach more than 80 C you could consider to buy a new heatsink fan.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users