Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chaning Mp3s To Mid Files?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:25 AM

Hello,
I recently purchased a phone that uses MID file for it's music, and for me to transfer these files I need to change it into MID FIles, Does anyone know a good program or some steps for this conversion?

Thank You :thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:42 AM

option 1

option2

#3 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:49 AM

Thank You! I spent so much searching for programs but didn't download anything because I wasn't sure about the trustworthiness.

THANK YOU! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#4 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:12 AM

As a rule!!

Save first and run an anti virus on it before running any programme..

Edited by snyper, 16 May 2006 - 05:13 AM.

#5 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:32 AM

I downloaded a few, but they wont do the right thing, Can you please recommened one?

Thanks
Posted Image

#6 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:20 AM

did u try this

#7 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:56 AM

I have but I cant seem to find the convert button..
Posted Image

#8 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:26 AM

I will need to get back to you.

I have a friend of mine with some more expertise in this area, i have contacted him and am waiting for a reply.

Brian

#9 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:00 AM

Bad news im afraid.....I also posted on another forum ...this is what i got back... :thumbsup:

No. They're two completely different formats which do different things. MIDI files are instrument/timeline based, and MP3 is a waveform based format.

You can't convert MP3s to MIDIs, unless you're musically trained and can do it by ear (slowly.)

However, you CAN convert MIDIs to MP3s. But there's no point, as the file just gets bigger.

and from another..

Yeah, Leddy is right. MP3 is a digital sample - it sort of IS the music. MIDI is an interpretation of the music.

MP3 (and WAV etc) store samples of sound, so it is a recreation of the original.
MIDI is more of a description (a piano plays this note here, then a drum here, and then another note on the piano here).

MIDI can really be thought of as sheet music, whereas MP3 is the digital recording on CD.

Transcribing software does exist, but it's not very good at all. Maybe if you wanted to transcribe a solo piano song then maybe, but for a full song with intruments, drums, vocals? Nope!

#10 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

Transcribing software does exist, but it's not very good at all.

That may be a pretty fair statement across the board.
I think to do it right you either need to create your own midi's or at the very least, get some HW involved in the recording process.
I've got a Verizon LG that only plays midi's.
I tried TS-AudioToMidi (freeware) but as stated above, the quality wasn't very good.
I considered Anvil Studio ($20.00) but for that much, I can download 20 ringtones. :thumbsup:

#11 Professional

Professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:33 AM

Oh damn, Didn't now that, and thanks snyper for going through all that for me, I guess ill just have to use mp3s...so big!

Thanks alot guys and yeah for $20 that would be like 4 real tones !!

Thanks alot though!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users