Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msconfig

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tupenix

tupenix

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:04 AM

Hello!
I notice my system is set in msconfig for "Selective Startup". Should it be set on "Normal"?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:48 AM

Not neccessarily. Have you made changes under the startup tab before? If so, this is why it is now saying selective startup. Notice that if you select Normal Startup every entry in the startup tab will be selected and you will have to reconfigure it again.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 16 May 2006 - 06:49 AM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:20 AM

There is a better and easier to use startup program named Startup Inspector which, unlike msconfig, gives you the ability to tie startup entries to the aps they are for so you can determine what you are disabling. It also doesn't change the default boot configuration as msconfig may do.

Startup Inspector
http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

You might like Startup Monitor (available on the same page) as well. It installs a small ap that requires your apporval for aps to load themselves to your startup menu.

#4 tupenix

tupenix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:55 AM

I looked at Startup Inspector before,but removed it after i posted a thread on Aumha http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=110879&highlight=#110879
What do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users