Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Build - Random Black Screens / Crashes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Skeith34

Skeith34

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Alright, so I have a few issues in an odd fashion of which I'd love to get resolved.

I have recently built my girlfriend a Desktop for gaming. I am not new to PC Builds, so don't worry about being light :).

FX 6300 / 8Gb Ripjaw Series / 750 Ti / etc

Here is the issue.

The desktop was working great when it was first built a few days ago and when we installed Windows all was operational and sound. Although now, when we turn the desktop on we usually get a black screen. So we restart the desktop, and it will POST - sometimes make it to the Windows loading screen - then restart. Then the POST will flicker quick and then restart or make it's way to Windows. 

After a few tries, Windows usually boots and works great. Sometimes all day / for hours and even with gaming on it intensely all day. But then randomly if just browsing or playing a game - it will start the loop again.

Stumped on this, really. I am considering PSU - although all Voltages check out alright within the ranges in the Health Monitor on the UEFI/BIOS. If it was a GPU/Mobo I don't see how it could be consistently working so well then randomly have the hiccups.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hi,

Ideas? always - good ones, not so often.

RAM? maybe

HDD? maybe

I'm assuming that you have gone through the BIOS settings carefully to verify all are correct. Also assuming that you have checked the motherboard site to verify that you have the latest version of the BIOS iistalled

Keep us posted

Edited by dicke, 17 March 2014 - 02:03 PM.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

could you go to safe mode to see does your problem still happen in safe mode or not?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users