Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Posting Failure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:01 AM

Just curious here...I tried to post a thread regarding Bush's decision to use the national guard as border guards in the Speak Easy, first time it didn't post I thought I had made some error, but the second time I noticed the note explainning that the thread would first be read by a moderator before being posted. My question...is this thread being deleted because of political content?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:46 AM

dc3, your post is not being deleted.

Once you post in that forum, your post goes into a queue that is not visible
to the general membership until it is reviewed and published by a staff member.

If there were any questions about a post, you would receive a Pm concerning such.

There are three copies of your post in the queue for review.

One just needs to be patient, and await the review.

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:22 AM

Thank you KoanYorel, I wish that information was explained in the description for the subforum.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:17 AM

Thank you KoanYorel, I wish that information was explained in the description for the subforum.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is explained :thumbsup:...

Welcome to the Speak Easy, a forum for discussion of (nearly) any topic. There are only three simple rules: No swearing, no flaming, no name calling. At the least, your post will be edited to remove the offending portions. At the worst, your post will be removed.

All topics must be approved by the Moderators. Any member may start a topic, but it will not appear until approved.

That's it. If there are any questions, add them here.

This post has been edited by groovicus: Jun 9 2005, 07:05 PM

Edited by snyper, 16 May 2006 - 05:22 AM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:03 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is explained :thumbsup:...

Welcome to the Speak Easy, a forum for discussion of (nearly) any topic. There are only three simple rules: No swearing, no flaming, no name calling. At the least, your post will be edited to remove the offending portions. At the worst, your post will be removed.

All topics must be approved by the Moderators. Any member may start a topic, but it will not appear until approved.

That's it. If there are any questions, add them here.

This post has been edited by groovicus: Jun 9 2005, 07:05 PM

Saw that, but it dosen't explain that it could take hours, it has been over seven hours as of this morning here.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:29 AM

Please hold in memory that the staff of BC, while an extremely dedicated group of people (just consider the salary they receive), do have private lives, do often have real jobs that pay the rent and feed the family, and in addition, do have other priorities here on the forums- - -from helping members who have computer problems to removing an ever-increasing number of SPAM posts. Moreover, finding three different posts by you of the same question awaiting action might also have confused the staff, and contrubuted to the delay.
Thanks,
John

Edited by jgweed, 16 May 2006 - 09:43 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:20 PM

Usually it takes about a day for it to appear in the SpeakEasy. Depends on when you first post it. If you post at night it is usually done by the next day evening.

(basically depends on when Admins are on).

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:42 AM

Please hold in memory that the staff of BC, while an extremely dedicated group of people (just consider the salary they receive), do have private lives, do often have real jobs that pay the rent and feed the family, and in addition, do have other priorities here on the forums- - -from helping members who have computer problems to removing an ever-increasing number of SPAM posts. Moreover, finding three different posts by you of the same question awaiting action might also have confused the staff, and contrubuted to the delay.
Thanks,
John

This is true, because I didn't understand the process I wasn't aware that I had successfully submitted the posts. Not seeing the post afterwards as you usually do in other subforums I thought I had made some sort of error, after the second attemp to submit my post I noticed the message regarding the moderator, I wasn't aware that I had made a third attempt.

This reminds me of the time I purchased my father's 1966 Mustang GT, when he gave me the keys he also gave me a Chiltons manual and told me "when all else fails...read the instructions".

I do realize that as a moderator you are over worked, under payed, and largely unappreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users