Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Force sound in inactive windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Viro

Viro

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Alright so a small issue I don't remember having is that whenever i tab out of a program the program stops playing its audio even in window mode.

Some program examples would be portal 2 or left 4 dead.
The idea is to keep the sound playing from the inactive window while the other screen is being used for other things.

Any hints or even a synopsis on how the sound decides to work would be great.

If i'm not making any sense let me know I'm finding this hard to explain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,282 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

My experience has been that it is a setting in the program.  World of WarCraft calls it back ground sound and it is off by default.  It may also depend on if the game is running full screen or windowed.  I've noticed that some games pause when they aren't the active application, again, normally when they are full screen apps.

#3 Viro

Viro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'll be looking further into this I might have to just program an exception myself to force it, but we will see.

It could have just been World of Warcraft though I was heavely into it back in the day so maybe my memory is a bit overstated.

Thanks for the response I apprecieate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users