Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No virus here, but the money trail...?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

Just curious about any research being done against ransomware.

With the newest revelations about the NSA using Facebook "to infect millions" of pc's I'm a bit curious what kind of research has been done regarding where the money people actually pay to ransomware authors goes.

I doubt much, if any, goes towards government agencies, but I do wonder how many have actually had their assets frozen, been caught, or even convicted.

I know there's probably a lot of red tape involved in these kind of overseas fraud cases, but does anybody have any kind of information regarding the outcome of these cases?

Edited by hamluis, 20 March 2014 - 04:53 PM.
Moved from MRL to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users