If it wasn't for the beer earlier, I would have lost it completely.
Brand new machine (homebrew AMD FX6300, GA990FXA-UD3, 8gb ram, 120gb ssd, 1tb hd, ati radeon 5450) running Win7 Pro x64. Regardless of which browser I use (Firefox, IE, Chrome), I'm having files not download completely, or at all.
Example: As a test, I've tried to download XP SP3. I know it's 316mb in size. I get to MAYBE 30 mb (if I'm lucky), and the file stops download. All three browsers think the file is done and quits transferring. More often than not, I get MAYBE 3mb downloaded and it stops. I've attempted to download other files of various sizes from various sources and the same thing happens. No difference between starting the system normally or in a clean boot environment.
So far, I've tried both the on-board NIC and an external USB WiFi dongle, same results. Win7 updates are up to date, drivers for both on-board NIC and WiFi dongle are up to date, BIOS has been updated, etc.
I've got a Vista machine here sitting next to this one and it has no issues whatsoever downloading the exact same files.
MBAM has come up clean, MSSE comes up clean, ComboFix found nothing, TDSSKiller found nothing.
Edited by va3ug, 15 March 2014 - 11:14 PM.