Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video buffering issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buckeyenuttcase

buckeyenuttcase

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

There are times while watching videos, from all sources, there are skips and pauses, other than iTunes, which eats up my system, what else can effect how videos playback? I'm running Win 7 on an AMD based HP laptop. One solution that seems to work is to restart Chrome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

Is your ISP cable or dsl? Sometimes after a extended heavy load on the router can cause it to continue to do that and get packet losses. Probably due to a poorly written firmware. Usuallly a quick pull of the power plug and plug back in real fast will remedy the problem.

#3 buckeyenuttcase

buckeyenuttcase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

My ISP is cable. I guess it is typical for the industry, but the router is a black box to me with NO documentation on whose it is or who made it. Yes, rebooting my laptop rather than the router is my work around but of course it is a pain. Usually, I am the sole user of the router.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users