Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 8.1 reconnects to wifi despite Airplane mode & Wifi antenna is off.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RamblingBarba

RamblingBarba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

I have two Lenovo N586 laptops. Both of them will reconnect to our home wifi on their own. I have disconnected. It reconnects. I have disconnected and changed the tick to connect automatically. It reconnects. Did those things plus turned off wifi antenna. The wifi turned itself back own and reconnected. I did the latter plus turned on airplane mode. The machines turn on the wifi antenna and reconnect anyway. When looking at the airplane mode tick it is still on but the machine is online.

I restarted the router and changed the login code. That allowed me to "forget" the network. However, when it was still looking to get online. If I entered the new credentials the same trouble starts.

These machines share the same wlan with data sharing. They also use the same login for Google Chrome so that we both have access to the same bookmarks, etc. 

Screenshot-7.png   

I set it like the above shot and 30-45 seconds later it looks like this. Airplane Mode on but trying to logon to wifi.Screenshot-8.png
If I had not "fogetten the network and changed the password it would then log on.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by RamblingBarba, 16 March 2014 - 07:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users