Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Another New Guy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Astyanax

Astyanax

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hello everyone. I felt it to be the proper thing to do to introduce myself before imploring the computer geniuses of the forum to help me.

I'm an average guy from the Northeast U.S. I like classic literature, history, barns, and working on older American cars. My dad was into home computers early, when Apple was just sarting out. When I was a kid we had an Apple II+ in the house that I fondly recall playing games on. We then became an IBM/DOS and then a Microsoft/Windows household. In my own home as an adult I have an older HP Media Center PC, a Compaq desktop for my wife, an Asus Transformer tablet, and a Windows phone.

Despite growing up around computers and having a father who enjoyed tinkering with them, I am fairly helpless once the waters start getting deep, murky, and perilous. So as I now find myself plagued with some nefarious malware, I took to Googele and found a thread on this site in which a fellow by the name of Gringo was helping another chap with his problem. I come as a similar help-seeker.

Thanks for taking the time to read my mediocre introduction.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Hello Astyanax! :welcome: to Bleeping Computer! If you have any questions about the site feel free to ask. :) Hope you get your malware issue sorted out, looks like you've already posted a topic about it, good luck! :) 

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users