Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pup.optional.conduit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeffcomplex

jeffcomplex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

I have anti virus software as well as Malware Bytes. Every single time i run a full scan on both programs my anti virus software doesn't spot this ad ware but Malware Bytes does. I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. But once i run a scan again; right after i restarted my computer the ad ware appears again. IDK what to do, i'm not very keen on downloading some ad ware blocker program but if that's the only option then its fine. Any suggestions on how to permanently get rid of this. 

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 March 2014 - 08:48 PM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hello and Welcome -

Please read http://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2013/09/selecting-all-pups/

Make sure that all items are selected, or you will not have removed them.

Please select your last Malwarebytes Scan, and Copy / Paste it back here.

If you are not able to find it, Please Update your copy of the program, and run a Full Scan.

Then Copy / Paste that log back here.

Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.

Please Copy and Paste the small log back here

Now: Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* NOTE : Please close or save all work, as the computer will be Rebooted
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

* Note Do not click on the Scan or Clean button more than once, as this may cancell all results

* Click on the Scan button. (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review. 
* If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it. 

* Next: Click on the Clean button (only once) to remove the selected items. 
* You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed. 
* Click on OK, and then OK again to confirm the reboot.
* When cleaning process is complete a log (AdwCleaner[S0].txt ) of what was removed will be on your desktop. 
* Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

As you have not replied for at least a week, I will take this off my watch List.

Please repost if the problem recurs and another helper will take good care of you -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users