Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ldq1997

ldq1997

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

I am a new member and a retired accountant who has worked a lot with computers but who is no technical expert.  The last few days I have been going crazy trying to uninstall or get rid of a malware program called Snap.Do that screws up your browser.  There are pages and pages on the internet about this thing and although there are plenty of suggestons about what you can do, nothing works.  You can run scans on your computer but nothing is ever picked up.  I read something about how this thing is spread throughout your computer and mixed with other things so that it is not picked up on these scans.  I decided that I would try to look for it myself.  I began by looking in a file of unused icons and found that most of them were full of very funny documents that I could not understand which I deleted.  Then there was an icon I never noticed before called Old Firefox Files.  This was also full of funny stuff which I deleted  It was helpful that I knew that it was approxinmately March 10 when I picked up Snap.Do so this nelped me in identifying things to delete.

After hours of deleting stuff (and probably some things that shouldn't have been deleted too), I rebooted the computer and looked to see if Snap.Do was still there and, by God, it was gone.  There are also stories of people who believe they have gotten rid of Snap.Do but it keeps coming back and back and back.  I hope this does not happen to me.

Cheers,

ldq1997

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Hello, ldq1997! :welcome: to Bleeping Computer! Glad you managed to get rid of it, if it comes back I would suggest posting in one of our malware forums. :) If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users